Introduction to Laser Cutting and Engraving
Come and learn how to get started using our 60W Laser cutting and engraving system. Classroom and hands on Topics will include:
Safety – for you and the machineOverview of compatible materials including wood, plastics, glass, stone, leather, paper and textiles ( NO PVC! )File Setup – what you need to know about setting up raster and vector files for the effect you want
Print Configuration – defining the speed, power and other parameters for producing the desired result.
Machine setup – cleaning, focusing, material loading, etc.
Basic Cutting and Engraving of plastic and wood
Options for marking metals – anodized aluminum, brass, stainless, steel
Corel for the Laser Cutter
Brief introduction Corel Draw in general. Focus on most discussion of features will be creating designs for the CIF laser. Topics will include:
- Bitmap vs. laser-what is the difference and what does it matter to the laser?
- Converting from bitmap to laser and vice versa, at least 3 ways to get a vector version of a bitmap graphic
- Determining the right graphic technique for the graphic and the material
- Basic Corel tools and techniques
- Transferring graphics from other graphic software, e.g., Illustrator and Inkspot
Familiarity with other graphics or photo programs is necessary; there will not be time to start at the very beginning. Some idea of the laser-whether actual experience or just observation-would be a plus.
Class full or don’t see what you’re looking for?
Click HERE to add your name to an email list for laser class updates. You can opt-out any time. We don’t share or sell your contact info.